Appointments for the 2022-2023 seasonal flu vaccination campaign will begin on October 5. To make an appointment :
- - Online: www.clicsante.ca
- - By phone: 1 877 817-5279
Get information about the dates and locations of vaccination clinics and take an appointment.
Vaccination time slots are offered free to the following targeted clientele since they are at greater risk of complications to their state of health:
- Pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy;
- Persons who are 6 months old or more who have a chronic disease (including pregnant women, no matter what the stage of their pregnancy);
- Persons aged 75 years and over.
- The close relatives and friends of the persons at risk mentioned, or of children under the age of 6 months, and health workers can also receive the vaccine free of charge.
Recent studies have shown that children between the ages of 6 and 23 months, as well as seniors between 60 and 74 years who are in good health have a risk of hospitalization and death associated with the flu comparable to that of the general population in good health. The flu vaccination is therefore no longer recommended for these individuals. However, for the 2021 vaccination campaign, children between the ages of 6 and 23 months and seniors between 60 and 74 years who wish to be vaccinated can receive the vaccination for free.
Persons not targeted by this free vaccination campaign who wish to be vaccinated should ask for information from pharmacies or medical clinics; some of these organizations offer the vaccine for a fee.