Are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the care and services you received?
The CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest places great importance on the quality of the care it provides and on the respect for users’ rights. If you have comments or suggestions about ways to improve our services, we encourage you to contact the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner. You can also contact the institution’s user committee (CUCI).
Dissatisfied with the service you received?
Despite our best efforts to provide quality services, you may feel that you did not receive adequate care or that your rights were violated.
- As a partner in your own healthcare, you can take the first step of discussing the situation with your healthcare professional; if necessary, you can then take your concerns to the head of the department in question. These simple steps could be enough to resolve the problem.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome or if you think the situation warrants it, you can ask for assistance or file a complaint. A complaint form is available to download and print or to fill out on line.
The Commissioner will review your complaint, guide you through the process, and inform you of his conclusions. Users can also ask the Commissioner to help them resolve a problem without having to file an official complaint. The Commissioner may also suggest ways to improve the quality of care and services at our institution.
Were you a witness or a victim of maltreatment?
The Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux has tasked the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner with processing complaints and reports related to the policy to combat maltreatment of persons in vulnerable situations. The Commissioner will hear all complaints related to this matter.
Who can file a complaint?
• Any user of the CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest;
• The parent or guardian of a minor child;
• The legal mandatary of an incapable person;
• The curator, tutor, spouse, close relative, or significant person of a user of majority age.
Want to pass on your compliments or thanks?
You can also send us your positive feedback if you were happy with the care and services you received. We will gladly forward your comments to the care teams in questions.
How to reach us
Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner
By telephone (toll-free)
- 1-800-700-0621, ext. 2462
Jardins-Roussillon territory, Centre de réadaptation en déficience intellectuelle et trouble du spectre de l’autisme (formerly CRDITED, SRSOR), Centre de réadaptation en déficience physique (formerly CMR)
- 1-800-694-9920, ext. 2280
Suroît, Haut-Saint-Laurent, Vaudreuil-Soulanges territories, Centre de réadaptation en dépendance
Send it by email
Send it by mail
- Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner
CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest
200 boulevard Brisebois
Châteauguay, QC J6K 4W8
Send it by fax
You can ask for help at any time from the Centre d’assistance et d’accompagnement aux plaintes de la Montérégie (CAAP–Montérégie). Mandated by the Minister of Health and Social Services, this organization provides free and confidential services.
You have the right to be accompanied by a person of your choice (relative, friend, trusted person) at all times.
You can also obtain assistance from the following organizations:
- The institution’s user committee (CUCI)
- Local users’ committee
- Office des personnes handicapées du Québec
The complaint process
Receipt, review and resolution of your complaint
Within five days of the receipt of your written or verbal complaint, you will be sent a written acknowledgement of receipt. As of that date, the Commissioner has 45 days to review your complaint and inform you of his conclusions. If you have not received a response within 45 days after filing your complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the conclusions, you can appeal to the Québec Ombudsman.
Complaint concerning a doctor, dentist or pharmacist
If your complaint concerns a doctor, medical resident, pharmacist or dentist, the Commissioner will transfer it to a medical examiner. You can contact the Commissioner for more information about this subject.