Clear search fields
Postal code or address (optional)

Housing services at the CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest

CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest

Housing services are for people who can no longer live at home, despite support from family and friends and home care services. For the most part, these people are experiencing a loss of functional autonomy, a chronic disease, cognitive difficulties, or mental health problems.

Eligibility criteria for housing services

To be admitted to a housing resource, a person must be unable to stay in their living environment, at home or in a private residence, and require care and services around the clock.

How to access housing services

All applications must be sent to the Service des mécanismes d’accès à l’hébergement. 

To apply for public housing services, you must:

  • have a significant loss of autonomy, which risks compromising your safety if you stay at home;
  • have exhausted all resources available to keep you at home for as long as possible (family, friends, community organizations, private resources, CLSC, etc.).

When you apply for housing services, it is because your situation is urgent, and you are willing to accept any opening that is offered to you. You cannot apply for public housing services in advance, as a preventive measure.

1. Contact a social worker or a doctor

  • The user, a parent or a loved one must first contact the home care intake desk at their local CLSC. If the person is already hospitalized, the hospital social worker will submit the application.
  • Click here to find your local CLSC.

2. Needs assessment by a social worker

  • A social worker will assess the needs of the person with a loss of autonomy, take the necessary steps, and guide the person and their family through the housing application process.

Following an assessment by one of our workers, a user who requires care and services could be referred to one of the following resources: